Saturday, September 26, 2009

Teaching the Gift of Patience Pays of BIG!!!!! - The Marshmallow Test

I just saw this on CNN, it may be old news to some of you,
but teaching your kids to wait really does pay off  BIG!

Watch the Kids Marshmallow Test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMkn4J_l9uU

Kids are brought into a room, given one marshmallow and two choices:
Eat it now and that's all you get,
Don't Eat it. Wait until I get back and I'll give you another.

Some of the little ones were eating during the instructions!
Those that wait, they are said to have higher test scores and perform better in school.

Personally, I love the last kid. I want it. I'll wait. I'll wait. I'll wait.
PAYOFF! Now I have TWO!
He then shoves both of them in his mouth at one time!
PURE SATISFACTION!

Now that's a Smart Kid!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Cute video. My husband and I got a crack out of watching the kids.

Becky said...

I've heard of this. Of course, this assumes that all kids love marshmallows!

For me, one is sufficient. They are just too sweet for me.