Friday, September 25, 2009

An update on me and a testimony from one who feels Called to be Momma

Hello all,
I have a special treat for you today.
Yesterday, one of my followers posted her Giving it all to God Testimony on Above Rubies Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AboveRubies/

I was so inspired by her story I asked both the writer and the moderators of Above Rubies if I might share it with all of you.
May you be inspired and blessed.

I wanted to give you a quick update on my condition.
My health has not been good this month.

I pinched the same nerve in my left leg twice this month, recovered from it and then last week pinched a nerve in my right shoulder. I am now recovering from it. I don't know how or why it's happening but I'm going to start lifting small weights and doing Yoga type exercises to increase strength and mobility. This may be Arithitis & Cerebral Palsy related.Yes, I have both, the Cerebral Palsy is mild left side, left leg is slightly longer than right leg. Thank you to all of you who offered words of advice and encouragement and prayer.

Monday - I started my Doctor prescribed Progesterone therapy in hopes of carrying another baby.
Prometrium 200 mg, twice a day.
I miscarried in August. My first and hopefully my last miscarriage.

I was trying to self treat symptoms of non-ovulation with progesterone cream. When I got pregnant and stopped using the cream. I didn't know I should have kept using it for 14 weeks, thus I suffered a miscarriage when those progesterone levels dropped too low.
I do not know if we are pregnant. It's too soon.

However, the Prometrium has some side effects, it makes you nauseous, dizzy for about two hours after taking it and it causes weird dreams and nightmares. It wipes me out. I have very little energy right now. I'm taking it twice a day, at lunch and at bedtime.
I lost my lunch yesterday and slept for over two hours.

If my cycle comes this month, I will quit taking it until mid-cycle next month, but if I'm expecting, I will continue on it for the next 14 weeks to try and avoid another miscarriage.

It's a lot to go through, but I don't want to lose another baby.
One day at a time.

I'm afraid to eat much if it might come back up.
One good note, last night on a CVS trip, I found the new Biggest Loser Protein Powder Chocolate and Vanilla for 75% off, $3.75 a can.
It's Whey protein, 50 calories a serving, can be mixed with water.
I will be using it alot!
Please continue to remember me in your prayers.
God will get the Glory from all of this.

Let me introduce you to Siobhan Hannah Gagliardo.
She and her husband have a wonderful inspiring and encouraging story to tell.
They have decided to cancel their internet service, but if you would like, she welcomes you letters and phone calls at
Siobhan Hannah Gagliardo

Home Phone: (845) 480-5345
Address: 197 Sickles Ave Apt F-10
Nyack, NY 10960

Giving it All to God

My husband and I from the day we were married said we didn't want to use contraceptives. We just wanted to trust the Lord. A few months later we were pregnant with our first baby. However, we miscarried after 6 weeks, which was very sad for us. Though a few months later we were pregnant again and this one made it. Praise God! We delivered our first baby boy at HOME on Feb 16, 2008. Then the question of having another baby arose when I got my period back after only four months postpartum. So we weren't sure what to do so we just didn't have intercourse for another four months. So after eight months we just couldn't wait any more and were ONE once again. I got pregnant right away and was just delighted. :) We again delivered at HOME on July 13, 2009. So the thought of having another baby came up before she was even born and especially after she was and we started looking into what Christians believed about birth control. This is how we stumbled upon the Quiver full movement, which evidently lead us to Above Rubies. We have read "Family Unplanning" and I am currently reading "Be Fruitful and Multiply". We are utterly convinced that our faith in the Lord was the biblically the right thing to do even though we chose to do it without knowing that the scriptures commands us to. I praise God for this ministry and it has been such a blessings to read many of all you ladies' posts about your lives. I have been really blessed. :) So we are now fully trusting the Lord with how fruitful my womb will be. I am only two month postpartum and so look forward to the thought of the Lord blessing us again with another baby or babies. :) When we really allow ourselves to be what we were designed to be our natural being really does cry out for what it was intended to be. I really LOVE being pregnant and LOVE giving birth as well. My second birth was just incredible and completely the Lords and mine, together. I totally surrendered myself to the Lord and grew so much with the Lord though the process. I praise and bless the Lord for that wonderful experience. I pray you all would have such experiences with your pregnancies and births. Even though it went so well and I learned so much I know that I will learn new things with each one and I look forward to that. We are really trusting the Lord with our family and the provisions we will need to take care of the blessings he has and will give us.


On a bit of another note I have been blessed by all the godly mindfulness you all have and how you are encouraging one another to keep with the Lord always. We do not have any Christians in our life where we live. We know people abroad that are true believers but no one locally. Its a real hard thing and its really been wearing on us. So I really bless the Lord for you all and the real encouragement you have all been.

Please keep us in pray, those of you who the Lord leads to pray for us.
I must be getting to bed now.
Blessings,
Siobhan
(Wife of Ryan;
Mother of David (19months)
and Lea(2months)

No comments: