Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mommas Need Sick Days. Dealing with Sickness, Pain, Hormones and Emotions.

I can almost bet that title got your attention.

The calling to be Momma is a job, but it is like no other job on the planet. 
From the moment of conception to your dying breath, you are on duty.
There are no sick days, you can't just take a personal day. It is 24/7/365.

Your benefit package is seeing the rewards at the end of the journey. Hopefully your house, home, spouse and children will rise up and call you blessed. They will all be happy, self-sufficient, strong and independent individuals, all because you never quit. You prayed. You worked. You cared. You loved.

But there are days when you just want to crawl in the covers or sit in a corner and cry.
We get sick. We hurt. We get tired. We need people to understand. We need a break.
And for most of us, the only one who understands and meets our needs is God.

Matthew 11:28 says,
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (NIV)

For those who have followed my blog, you know I suffered a miscarriage in August. Our sweet Hope went to be with the Lord, and yes, I di think all the measures I took to try and become pregnant caused the loss. I didn't have all the facts about how progesterone works in the body..

Over a month has passed. My cycles have returned to normal. I'm taking my doctor prescribed progesterone supplements as directed, and I'm hopeful God will bless us again. I keep dreaming of a little girl, Sarah.
I want to hold her in my arms.

But there are a few complications.
I have Cerebral Palsy. It is a very mild form that usually only affects my left side. However,my left leg is slightly longer than the other and as I get older arthritis is setting in and my body is not cooperating as well as I would like it too.
Several weeks ago, while working in my yard, I pinched a nerve that affected that left leg. After several days of rest and tylenol, it finally popped back into place bringing much relief. A few days later, while cleaning the house, it happened again. It is easing up, but the tingling shooting pain down the left thigh reminds me to take it easy.
Saturday night, while watching a movie and holding my son, I pinched another nerve in my right shoulder blade. I feel like Frankenstein. I cannot turn my neck or head. My shoulder blades feel like they are folding inward on my spine and my arm feels numb and tingles. I HURT!

Tylenol does not help much, Massages do not help much, and laying down is almost impossible.
To top it all off, this all happened this weekend during the height of my "conception," time.
My hormones are at an all time high!
I feel like crawling in a corner and just crying.
I want to be pregnant again. I want relief. I want somebody to understand.
I want REST!
But life must go on.
Housework and schoolwork must keep going.
Schedules must be maintained.
Meals must be cooked.
Bills must be paid.
The kids need me. My husband needs me.
The Calling to be Momma is one of the best and most rewarding jobs in the whole world.
I love my job, and I thank God for the blessing of children, a good husband and all that God has provided.

It is absolutely amazing what God has done for this family.

I have a wonderful Godly husband who can be relied upon and faithfully goes to work each day to provide well for his family. Not only that, but then he comes home to play with the children and help where he can here.

I have four beautiiful and healthy children, three girls and one boy. They fill my days with joy, mostly, and a reason to get up in the morning. I love watching them grow and learn.

God meets all our financially needs. We are completely debt free, except for the mortgage. We are committed to staying debt free in a world that does not value the concept of,"if you can't afford it, you don't need it, and if you need it, God will provide it." I firmly believe that. God has proven that to me over and over and over.

I am truly blessed and thankful.
But right now, for just a few days, I'd love to just crawl in bed and sleep.
May God heal my weary body and restore my energy.
Pray for me.

8 comments:

Gen said...

Might i suggest a chiropractor? i do things like that all the time...and my chiro is my lifeline for keeping up!

and yes, today i'm having a cry b/c no one gets it day...so i am there with ya!

Mel said...

I hear ya! Right now I'm in week 10 of my 5th pregnancy and I just feel crummy most the time. All I want is to rest... and cry in a corner. ;-) But I must keep going on. Thanks so much for the encouragement this morning. I really needed it.

I also second with Gen, a chiropractor is awesome! Yeah, there are some weird ones out there. But then again, their are some very professional ones.

One more thing. I didn't know just where to leave a comment to enter for the "Family UNplanning" book, so I guess I'll do it here. Would you please add me to the drawing?

Katiemyladybug said...

You have such a Heart and are such a blessing to share your story. it is truly an honor to follow your blog. I would love to get to know you.
Katie Farmer
virtuouswomanintraining34@yahoo.com
same here please add me in the drawing.

Katiemyladybug said...

I forgot to add my address
Katie Farmer
3343 madison C.R. 2750
Huntsville, Ar 72740 my email and name are in the other comment

BlessedMamaofMany said...

I love reading your blog. You have always been such an inspiration to me. I am looking forward to our weight loss journey as well. Please enter me in the book drawing as well.

Jen McCreary
87 Schofield Drive
East Berlin, PA 17316
7wonderfulblessings@gmail.com

Tiana said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, mama.

I'd like to enter your contest, too!

Tiana Krenz
Titus245Mama@gmail.com

http://godmadehomegrown.blogspot.com

Mel said...

Ha, you might need my email address for the drawing:
duckwall_ms@yahoo.com

Sara said...

Oh dear, there are real addresses on here. This is a public blog, right? Anybody can see this!

I hear you about wanting a day to rest, recuperate and restore. God is good, I know He will bring healing to you!

Moriah
vmimbc@verizon.net