As the weather outside gets colder, my thoughts go to hot chocolate, hot soups, cornbread, chili and crackers.
Are you with me?
Here are some of my favorite winter time recipes.
Easy Taco Soup
- 1 large family size can of ready to eat pinto beans
- 1 pound of ground turkey seasoned with taco or Mexican seasoning
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes & green chillis
- 2 cups of tomato juice
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup of taco seasoning
- 1 can of corn
- 2 cups of water
- Brown the ground turkey and onions together, drain any fat off
- In a large 4 Qt soup pot, bring to a bowl the water and tomato juice
- Reduce down to a simmer
- Add the taco seasoning and blend well
- Now add the beans, taco meat, onions, tomatoes, green chilies and corn. It's fine to dump everything into the pot.
- Stir and keep warm until ready to serve.
I love this with saltine crackers.