Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!!! You are not alone. Support and Encouragement for 2009

Hello and Happy New Year 2009!!!



I've been out for awhile now, but for good reason.

Let's see........ Our new house is almost complete, I was allowed the privilege of writing and directing our church's Christmas play, I needed some time just me and God, a little R & R, Rest & Reassurance, and I'm still homeschooling my four children, my five year old niece, and on top of that trying to lose 20-30 pounds in 2 months! (I lost 6 pounds this first week). So all in all, I am busy, but all is well, and getting better!!!



The family photo you see was taken December 11, 2008. Family photos are always an experience for us. This one turned out very well despite the fact that I am a major blinker. I will blink at anything. It took us 2 hours to do this photo shoot. Michael was having an allergic reaction and asking for a hamburger and Dr.Pepper. This was the first year Lisa had glasses, so we had to be careful not to have glare off of both Lisa's and Lance's glasses, keep Michael smiling and happy and keep me from blinking. This family photo is pulled off each year by God's Grace Alone.



Alone. What a horrible word. No one should ever be Alone.

During my R& R, God and I are constantly working on forgiving and forgetting. There were times in my past when I was alone, or at least I thought I was. But you know what? God is so good. Sometimes he has to wait on you to realize that, but God is and always will be a good and loving God who wants you to realize YOU ARE NEVER ALONE. God is always here.

"I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5 NIV)



I did a search on http://www.biblegateway.com/ for the words "never leave you." Over 10 entries popped up right away. Here are two of them.




Deuteronomy 31:6Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."


Deuteronomy 31:8The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."



These two verses alone should make you able to stand up bold and courageous and yell at the top of your lungs. " I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!!!!"



FAITH IS A VICTORY, FAITH CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS.



Proverbs 3:4-5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct your paths." (NIV)



Let me assure you in 2009 whatever you are going through, whatever comes your way, know God is with you and you are not alone.



My family and I have begun reading the Bible together each night. We call it Bible Time. We read from Psalms, Proverbs and 2-3 other books each night to complete the whole Bible in a year. I'm enjoying this time each night with my family, studying and reading together.



I encourage you to spend time each day hiding God's Word in your heart and praying to him. He created you for fellowship. He wants you to know him and he wants the priviledge of being part of your life. But he will not come in until you open the door and let him in.



Revelations 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."(NIV)



Let Him In!!!!



I am here to testify when you place Christ in the center of all you do, there is nothing you cannot do. The foundation you stand on is TRUE AND FIRM, no storms of life will shake you, you will overcome any and all obstacles!



Philippians 1:6 "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (NIV)



For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)


Happy New Year

Give God the Glory

Make Christ the Center of All you do

and know


You Are Not Alone.

2 comments:

cedar chest quilts said...

Your family picture is lovely--and well worth the patience used by all. Angie

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hey Girl~
I'm glad your back.....I' m so happy to hear that God is good and you are moving soon. I know things must be very stressful!
Come say Hi sometime! Their is a quiverfull blog roll so you can connect with other QF families. To be on the blog roll you go to Mama Archer's blog and ask to be added.

Blessings,
Georgiann