Monday, December 5, 2011

I Gave My Baby A Bumbo This Year

This has been an adventurous year for us. On January 17, 2011, we found out that God had blessed us with a baby for New Years, and although she wasn't due to arrive until the end of September, Miss Kaitlyn made her appearance into this world on August 16, 2011, about 6 weeks early. She's a little bitty thing but the joy she brings to our family is immeasurable!.

She'll only be 4 months this Christmas and she still can't hold herself up well or grasp a toy, but she loves to sit and watch everything. She enjoys talking to you, cooing, smiling and babbling. Her favorite toy? Me, of course!
So, what did I get my little bundle of smiles for Christmas this year?
I got her a Bumbo!

This little chair is so cool.
I first saw one in March. A friend of mine brought her Bumbo to an Easter Egg hunt/ church family picnic so her little 7 month old could sit up and watch everything.

It's a special seat designed for babies that can't yet hold themselves up in an upright, sitting position. This little booster seat is made of a lightweight foam material and special designed to hold a baby in a sitting position so he can sit up and see what's going on. It can be used for a baby as young as 3 months old as long as the baby can hold its head up by itself. It's recommended for babies 3 months to 14 months up to 22 pounds. 

Take it anywhere and everywhere. The Bumbo can be placed on any level surface to be used as a booster seat, feeding chair, and more. There are no straps or fasteners: it is designed to have baby's bottom slightly lower than the leg openings so that baby's weight is what actually holds them securely in the seat. The Bumbo can purchased by itself or with the tray attachment and it comes in a variety of colors.

The Bumbo chair is not cheap. The average cost of a brand new Bumbo is around $35. However, I ended up with two for $27. How?
Well, I first saw these chairs at  ToysRUs for $40 and thought, " Well, I can't afford that."
So, I started looking at my local Goodwill. I found one, but another lady beat me to it.
So, I began to shop  Ebay and I asked for one on Freecycle. I won one on Ebay for $27 the same day someone gave me one from Freecycle. So I sold the one I didn't need back on Ebay to cover the  $27 cost of the one I wanted to keep. So actually, I practically my purple Bumbo with tray for FREE!!!! YES!!!! 
Merry Christmas to me and Kaitlyn!


No comments: