Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake

I learned to make this oatmeal cake about 15 years ago and I love it!
Then, this past August, I gave birth to baby #5 and learned that my oatmeal and my oatmeal cake is a great way to help increase my milk supply for baby Kaitlyn. Who knew?

So here's the recipe
Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake

  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 ½ cups hot water
  • 1/ cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup oil or 1/2 cup of applesauce
  • 1 1/3 cups self rising flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 eggs

Pour hot water over oats and let stand. Mix sugars, flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add eggs and oil. Add oatmeal mixture. Mix well. Pour into a greased Bundt pan or 13"X9" pan and bake at 350 degrees F. until done (toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean) (about 45 minutes). 
**Wonderful warm or cold with a glass of milk.**

No comments: